Pixel Hex Tileset 2 is here!
Pixel Hex Tileset came out in 2018. When it was released, I was blown away by the community's response and reception.
While Pixel Hex Tileset is great, I've grown as an artist and I'm ready to show off another set. Pixel Hex Tileset 2 is a completely new tileset with different biomes and other details that make it unique from Tileset 1. Tilesets 1 and 2 are compatible with each other.
If you're new to hex tilesets, these tiles are used to build maps or game worlds for your own table top roleplaying adventures (think D&D, PbtA, Troika, etc). Use your favorite hex tile program, virtual table top, or photo editing software to create wonderful worlds!
Commercial licensing is now available for those wanting to add these tiles to their video game or ttrpg product!
- 2050+ tiles
- 12 distinct biomes and transition tiles (not including re-colors)
- Muddy plains and sinkholes
- Ocean islands and coastal rock
- Smooth mountains
- Tropical desert
- Nordic fjords (green)
- Nordic fjords (snow)
- Mushroom loam
- Southern grassland
- Dead plains
- Snow crystalline
- Mangrove swamp
- Biome themed villages and encounters
- New roads, bridges and rivers
- More overlays (more rocks, settlements, monsters, ships, farm animals, etc)
- Transparent transition tiles allowing you to blend across biomes
How To Use These Sweet, Sweet Files:
Unzip the folder using any common unzip program (7zip, winrar, etc). Import the folder into the application or virtual table top you plan to use.
Virtual Table Tops: Some VTTs like Roll20 support hex tiles, although you may need to tweak the settings. Import the tiles and make sure the hexes are as close to 84x96 pixels as possible.
Hex Kit: Pixel Hex Tileset 2 is compatible with Hex Kit 2.0, which supports flat topped hex tiles. The Pixel Hex Tileset 2 sorted zip file has all the tiles presorted in folders and is ready for import into Hex Kit. Import the main folder using the import tool on HexKit. Please note tiles may appear outside of the boundary but that's because some tiles have art extending over the hex border.
For Tiled and other map programs:
If your tile program supports folder organization, download the Pixel Hex Tileset 2 sorted file. Otherwise, Pixel Hex Tileset 2 unsorted contains all the tiles in one convenient folder.
The images are saved as 96x96 pixels to allow for objects outside the hex boundary, but should be treated as 84x96 pixel images for the sake of hex sizing. Import the images and use the following settings:
- Size: 84x96 pixels
- Hex Alignment: Horizontal
- Tile Side Length: 48 pixels
- Render Order: Right down
- Offset: None (These are perfectly aligned pixel hexes)
Photoshop or Image Editors:
If you are bold enough to hand select and place individual hex tiles, then more power to you! Just make sure to create a large enough canvas.
By purchasing Pixel Hex Tileset, you agree to the following terms:
- You may stream or record video content for commercial purposes while using these art assets. These art assets can not be used for any other commercial purposes or any other incoming or money generating activity unless you purchase a commercial license.
- The art assets can not be distributed individually, as single tiles, or as an art asset in any capacity other than a completed map or work.
- Derivative or modified versions of this artwork may not be distributed individually, as single tiles, or as an art asset in any capacity other than a completed map or work.
- Pixel Hex Tileset 2 and all included artwork is Copyright 2020 Zeshio Illustration.
Commercial use license is $60, and includes the tileset assets if you don't already have them.
Do not buy the commercial use license until you've read the example contract in the demo section. Reach out if you have questions.
The license allows you to use this specific tileset for any amount of commercial projects, given some specific limitations.
Please hang on to your receipt as proof.
Feel free to reach out to me when you publish and I'll see about boosting your project on socials.
A BIG THANK YOU TO MY PATRONS WHO SUPPORTED MY EFFORTS
(I've ended my patreon page for the near future but shout out to):