Pixel Hex Tileset 1.1 is out!
-Over a 100 more tiles
-Various fixes/transparency changes to help with customization
-Island demo files now available for free!
-Compatible with Pixel Hex Tileset 2!
-Read the full dev log here!
Pixel Hex Tileset
I'm proud to present the Pixel Hex Tileset, a 1206 tile pack that includes all you need to put together your own fantasy hex map in signature retro style!
This tileset is great for people looking to put together cool retro maps or game worlds for use in tabletop roleplaying (or however else!). What's included:
- 8 biomes and their transition tiles (grassland, dirt, desert, mesa, swamp, mountain, water, snow)
- Various settlements, castles, dungeons
- Road and river overlay tiles
- Tokens for points of interest, camping, battle, etc.
- Little people to represent the party or for encounters
The pixel hex demo, available exclusively for a limited time for Hex Kit backers, is now available on the store page for free. The demo is actually a stand-alone island map tileset. Grab a copy now!
Files and Installation for Hex Kit:
The Pixel Hex Tileset is compatible with Hex Kit 2.0, which supports flat topped hex tiles. The PixelHexTileset_HexKit zip file has all the tiles presorted in folders and is ready for import into Hex Kit. All you need to do is use the import tool in Hex Kit to select the unzipped folder, and then hit save without adjusting the images (Tiles may appear outside of the boundary but that's because things like mountains overlap the hex).
Files and Installation for Tiled (and other map programs):
Download the PixelHexTileset zip, and unzip it. All 1101 images are conveniently stored in one folder. Note that the images are saved as 96x96 pixels to allow for objects outside the hex boundary, but should be treated as 84x96 pixel images for the sake of hex sizing. Import the images and use the following settings:
- Size: 84x96 pixels
- Hex Alignment: Horizontal
- Tile Side Length: 48 pixels
- Render Order: Right down
- Offset: None (These are perfectly aligned pixel hexes)
- You may stream or make videos with these assets, including if you make money from that content. These art assets can not be used for any other commercial purposes or any other incoming or money generating activity.
- The art assets can not be distributed individually, as single tiles, or as an art asset in any capacity other than a completed map or work.
- Derivative or modified versions of this artwork may not be distributed individually, as single tiles, or as an art asset in any capacity other than a completed map or work.
- Pixel Hex Tileset and all included artwork is Copyright 2020 Zeshio Illustration.